- Posted on
Today’s healthcare seekers, especially the tech-savvy millennial, expect the healthcare providers to give their first and foremost attention to the patients’ interests. They select the hospitals or the healthcare providers based on the ease of access and the quality of their service.
The millennials constitute the largest demographic group of healthcare seekers. They are the generation born roughly between 1980 and 2000, and reached the adulthood during the early 21st century. Being tech-savvy, they also form the most sophisticated consumers of healthcare services. They look for convenience, ease and immediacy of service from the healthcare providers. If they do not get what they expect, they have the sense of independence and financial means to take the business elsewhere.
Therefore, it is imperative that the healthcare organizations and the practicing physicians put up their healthcare solutions on their respective websites. They should take steps to make their websites patient-oriented in delivering healthcare. They should improve the wait times and incorporate several new customer service initiatives into their websites.
Following are some of the ways to make your clinical practice/hospital website into a truly patient-oriented one:
- Be Original and Innovative: Start your website without any preconceived idea or bias. Make it fresh, original and innovative. Discard unnecessary legacies that can drag you down from a progressive path.
- Intuitive and Easy-to-Use Navigation: Arrange and present all information from the patients’ perspective. The navigation of the website should be made intuitive and easy without needing a tough learning curve.
- Speed is the Key: Today’s digital age generation has no patience with slow websites. Any delay of more than a few seconds prompts them to go elsewhere (most likely to your competitors) for immediate information.
- Mind Your Language: A website that is replete with medical jargon and acronyms confuses your audience and discourages repeat visits. Make the text easy to understand, while being informative and insightful. Avoid excessive technical terminology, as well as vernaculars and local terms. One recent study reveals that many hospital sites require a graduate level of comprehension. Tone down the website text to high school level reading and comprehension.
Ultimately, it is important to ensure that your website’s content connects with the majority of your audience.
- Effective Communication: There is no better way of improving your website than by talking and listening to your patients and consumers. In fact, get the feedback from all quarters: the patients, their friends and family members, the hospital staff, the management and all other stakeholders in the venture.
- Multiple Channels of Communication: Provide the visitors multiple pathways to find useful information. Also, allow avenues for two-way interactions with the visitors, followed by prompt actions.
Make the online communication much more effective by including a live chat feature, facility for online appointments and even registrations for upcoming events.
- Emotional Appeal: Bond with the patients by making the site emotionally appealing to them. Be imaginative enough to know the patients’ interests. Provide answers to their likely questions regarding health and wellness issues.
Make your website compassionate, emotionally supportive and reassuring to the patients. Do not overwhelm the visitors with needless technical information. Remember that their and their loved ones’ lives are at stake. They are not concerned about the depth of your knowledge; all that they care about is how much you care about your patients.
- Website Designed from the Patients’ Perspective: The patient-centered websites provide meaningful information to the patients going through the various stages of recuperation including post-care.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): An SEO optimized website anticipates the search activities of the prospective visitors based on most likely keywords, facilitating quick search of helpful information.
- The Mobile Platform: Today’s tech-savvy consumers go online for all information concerning healthcare and medical services. Almost all such consumers sport trendy smartphones in their pockets. They use mobile devices to locate, select, and interact with healthcare facilities and healthcare providers.
Mobile friendly websites are awarded better search rankings by search engines like Google, which makes it easy for your existing and prospective customers to find you online.
Ultimately, your website’s goal is to ensure your customers’ easy access to the information and services provided by you.
- Contact Details: Prominently display the key contact details of your hospital or clinical practice on your website for quick and easy access. Also make sure that someone is ready at hand to answer the consumers’ queries.
- Keep the Website Content Up-to-Date: The information concerning your organization is constantly changing. Make sure that the details of your service offerings, physicians-on-duty and other resources are maintained up-to-date.
- Download and Print Options for your Website Content: It would be very helpful to your audience if you can provide download and print options for medical related information on your website. The customers usually want to go through a hard copy of medical information at their own leisurely time and pace.
You may also seek the assistance of any professional organization that specializes in building engaging and responsive websites for hospitals and clinical practices. They can incorporate mobile-friendly applications into your website to route the patients needing urgent care to your facility and guide them to quickly find their way around, besides providing hassles-free means of appointment, booking, etc., they can also help you find a Natural language processing software for your facility so that you are able to support spam email privacy, personal voice assistants and language translation applications. You can follow this link here to get all the details.
Contact us now if you are interested in Blockchain / NFT Services etc, PrimaFelicitas can bring you the best results.
Looking for help here?