Stablecoins in the banking business has recently received considerable attention. However, you must know all the upsides and downsides of Stablecoins before putting your bets on stable coins.
Bitcoins investors have to experience considerable volatility in prices and this has a significant effect on their investments. Meanwhile, stable coins main objective is to control volatility by following the problems of more stable assets like conventional currencies. These assets have minimal volatility in terms of prices.
Where did Stable Coins stand?
Stablecoins might play a useful function in bridging the gap between digital money and fiat currencies like the US dollar. Clearly, there is technological importance. The United States dollar is a universally accepted accounting unit. Pricing items in Bitcoins, on the other hand, might complicate basic contracts or easy-to-understand pricing. For example, if I tell you a packaged drinking water bottle costs $2, you probably understand what I mean; but, if I tell you it costs 0.00032 Bitcoin, the mental math becomes a little more difficult. Plus, although a Coke will most certainly be $2 tomorrow, it may not remain 0.00032 Bitcoin if the Bitcoin price rises.
Is There A Bright Side of Stable Coins?
Unlike Bitcoin, the value of Stablecoins does not fluctuate, and this will have no effect on your investment because they are backed by fiat currencies. Now, let’s look at the advantages of holding Stablecoins in 2021.
- The key characteristic of a Stablecoin is that its value will stay steady for at least five years, which helps mitigate losses in the event of a severe market decline. Whereas, a Cryptocurrency market crash will cause you to lose a significant sum.
- Stable currencies can help to increase the decentralisation of the exchange. Bitcoin’s price volatility is discouraging new investors from investing in the currency. As a result, a stablecoin may be a viable investment alternative for them.
- People prefer stablecoins over other high-risk cryptocurrencies because they are more convenient to use. Stablecoins that are audited on a regular basis provide transparency.
Is There A Dark Side of Stable Coins Too?
It is apparent that investors want to get a high return on their investment. If, on the other hand, you pick Stablecoins to invest in, there will be no significant return even after years of investment. Thus, professional investors believe that for high returns, trading in Stablecoins is not a good idea.
- The price of stable coins is determined by the secured assets. As a result, there is a greater risk that the project will fail.
- Stablecoins, contrary to Cryptocurrencies, isn’t capable of giving high returns.
The Bottom Line
Stablecoins are regarded as a particularly safe long-term investment. Gemini Dollar, Dai, and PAX are the secured stablecoins, according to leading economists. So, if you want to invest in Stablecoins, you may do so in these assets. Only by using reliable currencies can you grow your business in the greatest possible way.
Therefore, you should be aware of all of the advantages and disadvantages of Stablecoins that have previously been discussed.
Looking for help here?